Monday, June 8, 2009

Futbol

If you know me, you know I have never been a fan of soccer, but it's different here in Mexico! On Saturday night, we went to a restaurant called La Botellita to watch the Mexico v. El Salvador game. I absolutely loved the atmosphere! Everyone here is so passionate about soccer, whether they actually play or just watch the games. I also love listening to the commentator--it's SO much better when he's commentating in Spanish! Here's a video from when we scored a goal:



We had such a great time watching the game, and I actually learned some things about the rules of soccer (I know, what a surprise that I made the effort, right?)! There's another game on Wednesday, but I'm not sure if we're going to meet and watch it as a group again.

In the end, we lost 2-1 though.

How sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment